A Figaro license is essentially a license to the Oracle Berkeley DB XML software that is used. Some things to note about our licensing:
Oracle Berkeley DB XML makes use of Berkeley DB for storage of XML data, indexes, and other information. It also depends on two other 3rd party software packages. These are all included as part of each Berkeley DB XML download package for convenience sake. The first 3rd party package is XQilla. This XQuery implementation was donated to the open source community by Oracle in 2008. It is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. The second 3rd party library used in Berkeley DB XML is Xerces-C is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.
The license below applies to the Berkeley DB XML code itself.
The following is the license that applies to this copy of the Berkeley DB XML
software. For a license to use the Berkeley DB XML software under conditions
other than those described here, or to purchase support for this software,
please contact Oracle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Copyright (c) 2001-2009 Oracle. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information on
* how to obtain complete source code for the DB software and any
* accompanying software that uses the DB software. The source code
* must either be included in the distribution or be available for no
* more than the cost of distribution plus a nominal fee, and must be
* freely redistributable under reasonable conditions. For an
* executable file, complete source code means the source code for all
* modules it contains. It does not include source code for modules or
* files that typically accompany the major components of the operating
* system on which the executable file runs.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ORACLE ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR
* NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ORACLE BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
* BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
* IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.