Figaro XML Database
Last update: July 2010
Endpoint Systems has partnered with Oracle
Corporation to create Figaro, the embedded, native XML database for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Figaro embeds the
Oracle Berkeley DB XML engine, a combination of a document parser, XML indexer,
XML query engine, and
Oracle Berkeley DB, to create the world's fastest, most efficient data access layer to the .NET Framework.
This version introduces some new additions to ASP.NET developers, adding an XML Database data access layer
to the Membership,
and Profile ASP.NET providers. These providers
were created using the Figaro Data Store (DS) edition of the
API and are therefore usable by all product editions; source code for the providers is available in the SDK folder of the product installation. For more
information about Figaro Data Store (DS), Concurrent Data Store (CDS), Transactional Data Store (TDS) and the upcoming High Availability edition, see the
Product Editions page.
API additions (such as LINQ and ADO.NET support) are coming soon and will be available as a
free upgrade to existing Figaro customers. Is there something in particular you're looking for? Please contact us and let us know.
Building a product, solution, website or service with Figaro? Tell us about it! Let us showcase your company and product information,
and we'll publish the information here!
Some of the many benefits of the Figaro .NET library include:
- A small footprint capable of large-scale storage. The Figaro .NET assembly, with a memory footprint of
less than ten megabytes, can handle up to 64 terabytes of XML data.
- Zero administration. Your application performs the database administration, eliminating
the need for a DBA and allowing continuous, unattended operation.
- XQuery. LINQ lovers will find the XQilla XQuery
engine (and XQuery's FLWOR expressions) comfortable, familiar and
an extremely flexible way of retrieving - and modifying - XML data content and query
output. Use XQuery to transform your query results into flat text, web pages - or
other XML message types.
- Metadata. Perform create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations on XML metadata
in your database using simple XQuery expressions.
- Encryption. Password-encrypt your XML databases using AES encryption.
- Transaction support. Figaro has full ACID support for the creation of performing transactional
operations against its XML databases.
- In-memory operation. Run your transaction log, your database, or both entirely in
memory, saving the cost of file operations and boosting performance.
The Figaro library is compatible with Oracle Berkeley DB XML 2.x databases created on other platforms. See our
Figaro Compatibility page for more information.
Please check back often at this site for software, documentation, and website updates.