Endpoint Systems and our subsidiaries and affiliates ("Endpoint Systems" or "we") respect your preferences concerning the treatment of personal information that we may collect from your use of the endpointsystems.com and/or bdbxml.net websites ("Endpoint Systems web sites") and your interactions with Endpoint Systems off-line.
This policy lets you know how we collect and use your personal information, and how you can control its use. This policy describes the broadest potential use of personal information throughout the Endpoint Systems web sites and in off-line transactions that is consistent with the terms of this policy; however, we may make far less use of your personal information.
Types of Personal Information and How We Collect It
Personal Information: This policy covers the following personal information that Endpoint Systems collects through your use of the Endpoint Systems web sites and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Endpoint Systems may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions. Endpoint Systems also may use third party sources, such as opt-in lists, as specified below.
Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information.
Transactional information, including information about the products and services you request, purchase or download.
User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information you select in the customer profile when registering on Endpoint Systems web sites.
Financial/credit card and payment information
No financial/credit card information is stored by Endpoint Systems; all transactions are handled by First Data in their payment gateway.
Financial/credit card and payment information
Event and conference participation information, such as lectures, classes or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by Endpoint Systems. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
Endpoint Systems has engaged Google, a third party, to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from visitors to the Web site. Google sets cookies on behalf of Endpoint Systems. Endpoint Systems also uses other third party cookies to track the performance of Endpoint Systems advertisements on their Web sites.
The information provided by these technologies may be re-associated with personal information by Endpoint Systems.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
Endpoint Systems uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. Endpoint Systems may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. Endpoint Systems may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Endpoint Systems may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. Endpoint Systems may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To select content, improve quality and facilitate use of the Web Sites. Endpoint Systems may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third party cookies), to help create and personalize Web site content, facilitate your use of the Web sites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions and preserve order information between sessions), improve Web site quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
- To provide various Endpoint Systems communities, such as partners, with relevant product alerts and updates. If you sign up for an Endpoint Systems community (e.g., Figaro Partner Network, Figaro Technology Community, bdbxml.net), Endpoint Systems will also provide you information in which you have expressed an interest related to new product releases, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns.
- To power joint sales or product promotions. Endpoint Systems and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Endpoint Systems and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Endpoint Systems or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To contact a referral/"tell a friend". If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our site, we will ask you for the friend's name and email address. Endpoint Systems will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Endpoint Systems uses this personal information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Endpoint Systems at email@example.com to be removed from the referral program.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Endpoint Systems or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to the event. Endpoint Systems may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company. Endpoint Systems will also permit designated partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications through the services of a third party bonded warehouse. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations; providing your information is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To comply with legal requirements. Endpoint Systems may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Endpoint Systems will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy. While Endpoint Systems may share your personal information with agents and contractors in order to perform the functions listed above, we require that they treat your personal information in accordance with this policy.